Wow, it has been a year since I started knitting stuff with the stitches in A Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara Walker. Today I am not posting anything new, just recapping the progress so far.
- Chapter 2, Simple Knit-Purl Combinations: 47 of 67 stitches used
- Chapter 3, Ribbings: 21of 28 stitches used
- Chapter 4, Color Change Patterns: 60 of 78 stitches used
- Chapter 5, Slip-Stitch Patterns: 15 of 49 stitches used
- Chapter 6, Twist Stitch Patterns: 14 of 24 stitches used
- Chapter 7, Fancy Texture Patterns: 7 of 33 stitches used
- Chapter 8, Patterns Made With Yarn-Over Stitches: 3 of 36 stitches used
- Chapter 9, Eyelet Patterns: 6 of 35 stitches used
- Chapter 10, Lace: 1 of 107 stitches used (this is my year 3 project)
- Chapter 11, Cables: 16 of 57 stiches used
- Chapter 12, Cable-Stitch Patterns: 13 of 30 stitches used
This means I have used 203 of 544 stitches. If I manage to keep going like this, I will be finished, as planned, in 2018. For the most part, I am liking the project. I love the endless discovery of knitted fabric with all its texture and colour.
These stitches went into 96 projects, all of which I designed using stitches from the book
- 83 hats
- 3 pairs of mitts
- 2 baby sweaters
- one cowl
- one headband
- one pair of socks
- some doll house stuff (two blankets and 3 pillows)
I guess I wasn’t kidding when I named this blog. Gillian does knit mostly hats!